Elizabeth Mahlow holds a Bachelor of Science from California Polytechnic State University (See EDUCATION, below) and has 9 years of professional experience in the Construction Industry, focusing on high-rise concrete construction, seismic design and special structures. She has managed large-scale, fast-track projects within the US and internationally.
Membership in Professional Society | American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Structural Engineers Association of California (SEAOC), Association of Women in Architecture and Design (AWA+D)
The following is a selection of relevant project work:
- STANDARDS FOR HEALTH INFRASTRUCTURE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL WELFARE REPUBLIC OF LIBERIA, 1ST EDITION (Monrovia, Liberia) 2013 – Project Manager. Nous Engineering provided structural text, details and commentary for the Standards for Health and Infrastructure document designed to set forth a series of functional guidelines to improve the general level of health care for various types of facilities in the Republic of Liberia under the Rebuilding Basic Health Services project with funding from USAID.
- KING ABDULLAH FINANCIAL DISTRICT, PARCEL 2.08 (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) 2010– Project Engineer. Undertaken on the behalf of the Pension Authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Financial District is a new development with over 100 new parcels. Parcel 2.08 includes four levels of below grade parking, a 7 story office tower, and a 16 story residential tower.
- KING ABDULLAH FINANCIAL DISTRICT, PARCEL 2.14 & 2.09 (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) 2009– Project Engineer. Situated in the heart of the district, Parcel 2.14 includes four levels of below grade parking, a 2-story mosque, a 7 storyresidential tower, and a 26 story mixed use residential and office tower.
- BAYLOR UNIVERSITY STADIUM (Waco, Texas) 2012– Project Engineer. Schematic Design. Located on the Baylor University campus,new open air football stadium seats 45,000 with the capacity to expand to 55,000 seats
- HARVARD ALLSTON SCIENCE COMPLEX (Cambridge, MA) 2007-2010 – Project Engineer. Harvard University hasembarked on a master plan to develop their Allston Campus with a proposed science complex included 10msq. ft. of additional science laboratories. With reinforced concrete frame structure, the buildings included large open bays and stiff floor void slab systems to satisfy stringent vibration criteria while allowing equipment flexibility for current as well as future use.
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE (Irvine, California) Completed 2007– Project Engineer. The Social and Behavior Buildings and the Humanities Buildings experienced structural degradation due to construction quality. The post tensioned slabs and geopier foundation construction documents and calculations were reviewed to quantify inadequacies, and provide cost-effective retrofit solution.
Nous Engineering, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA, USA) 2012–present.
Principal responsible for project management, client management, marketing and project development.
- - African Wildlife Foundation Conservation Schools Development. Africa. 2014-Present. Project Manager.
- - Developing Communities/ Infrastructure. Hilldale Development. Los Angeles, CA, USA. 2014-Present. Project
- - Manager. 7,500 SF, Residential. Visitor Center, Guide Dogs of America. Sylmar, CA, USA, 2012. Project Manager. 16,000 SF, Cultural.
- - Standards for Health Infrastructure Ministry of Health and Social Welfare Republic of Liberia, 1st Edition.
- - Monrovia, Liberia. 2013. Project Manager. Health/ Infrastructure. Capacity Building and Technical Training – In frastructure Unit for the Country of Liberia. Monrovia, Liberia. 2014-present. Project Principal. Government/ Infrastructure.
Buro Happold Consulting Engineers, Inc (Los Angeles, CA, USA) 2010-2012
Design engineer responsible for management of project finances, resourcing and execution, engineering analysis,client management and business development.
- - DOHA International Aiport Fit Out, Doha, Qatar, UAE. 2011-2012, Project Engineer 2Mil SF, Transportation
- - King Abdullah Financial District (KAFD), Parcels 2.08, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2011-2012. Project Engineer. 2M SF, Mixed Use
- - Talus Dome, Edmonton, Canada, 2012, Project Manager 500SF , Cultural
- - Tsai Chen Residence, Roland Heights, CA, USA, 2011-2012 Project Manager, 15,000SF, Residential
Buro Happold Consulting Engineers, Inc (Los Angeles, CA, USA) 2007 - 2010
- - Harvard Alston Science Complex, Cambridge, MA, USA. 2007-2010. Project Engineer. 1M SF, Institutional
- - Project Engineer II responsible for engineering analysis and design
- - King Abdullah International Gardens (KAIG), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2009 Project Engineer, 10 hectare, Cultural
- - King Abdullah Financial District, Parcels 2.14+2.09, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2009-10 Project Engineer, 4M SF, Mixed use
- - Washington Blvd Development, Culver City, CA, USA, 2008 Project Engineer, 50,000SF, Mixed Use
- Alaska Freeze, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, 2008 Project Manager, 500SF, Cultural
Miyamoto International (Los Angeles, CA, USA) 2006-2007
Project Engineer responsible for analysis and engineering design
- - Spectrum Six Medical Office Building, Irvine, CA, USA, 2007
- - Equinox, Woodland Hills, CA, USA 2007
- - Social and Behavioral Sciences Building, University of California Irvine, CA, USA 25,000 SF
- - Humanities Building, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
- - Nordhoff Parking Conversion, Northridge, CA, USA
- - Temple City Spectrum Parking Garage, Pasadena, CA, USA
- - Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, 2006
Concentrations: Seismic Analysis and Design, Structural Dynamics, Construction Management
- - California Polytechnic State Universtiy, Pomona, 2015-Present
Graduate Thesis Structural Consultant, College of Architecture and Environmental Design
- - Woodbury School of Architecture, Burbank, CA, USA. 2010-Present
Structural Seminar and Studio, structural consultant, Adjunct Faculty
- - Southern California Institute of Architecture, Los Angeles, CA, USA. 2008